Wish List for antiX apt-get

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Wish List for antiX apt-get

Tagged: 

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Jul 2-3:16 am by anticapitalista.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Installed the 32bit antiX Linux into an old HP Compaq 6715S laptop. It works well!!

So far I have LISP and Prolog in the 6715S w/ the antiX, but there is one program which I m missing.

I need the “git” program, which is used to fetch software from the GitHub, the http://www.github.com. Could it be possible to get it into the antiX Linux apt-get repository?

yours. A. J. Y.

Forum Admin
      anticapitalista

Doesn’t this work?
        apt-get install git

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Anonymous

No, with my PC apt-get install did not work, for unclear reasons.

But in the AntiX Control Center I found the Package Manager, and the Github program “git” was found there.

Now I have LISP, Prolog, Github, and the Shen language in my old, old laptop.

Still need to get the GNU Emacs. I will continue working.

Anonymous

If someone wants LISP for the AntiX Linux, get the Clozure Common LISP. It will work.
            And if you need Prolog, try the BProlog, I have it running in my AntiX Linux laptop.
            With the Github, I have the Shen language running neatly here.
            Still need to examine the SWI Prolog and the GNU Prolog, and fix the GNU Emacs.

Forum Admin
            anticapitalista

No, with my PC apt-get install did not work, for unclear reasons.

Maybe you needed to do apt-get update first?

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Anonymous

My HP Compaq 6715S 32bit AntiX Linux crashes repeatedly. Difficult problem.

The mouse stops moving, and after some 2 seconds the display becomes black. After that nothing happens.

I call this one difficult because I have no good clues concerning what is going on.

This happens usually after about 1 hour of use.

friendly greetings AJY
                Finland

Forum Admin
                anticapitalista

Maybe the hardware is dying if it it such an old box?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.