xbindkeys or similar

Forum Forums General Software xbindkeys or similar

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by manyroads Aug 9-9:30 am.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    manyroads
    manyroads

Is anyone using xbindkeys (or something similar) to decouple and create keybindings that are separate from a single wm; and, are sharable/usable across multiple available wms?

I rather like the notion of having keybindings that are completely sharable across wms on my machine. I’m simply wondering if anyone has tried it and what your experiences might be/ have been.

Edit: I should note that I am using bspwn which uses a separate keybinding tool called sxhkd. I just don’t know if sxhkd might work (be usable by) with herbstluftwm or i3wm, etc.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by manyroads.

Pax Vobiscum,
    Mark Rabideau aka. manyroads
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." ---H. L. Mencken

skidoo

https://wiki.voidlinux.org/I3

conflicts
    Depending on your setup there can be some conflicts with other tiling WM

sxhkd
    sxhkd is a core part of bspwm and if you run both on same system your i3 bindsym will not work because sxhkd, so make sure to kill sxhkd before starting an i3 session.

manyroads
    manyroads

Thank you @skidoo

Pax Vobiscum,
    Mark Rabideau aka. manyroads
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." ---H. L. Mencken

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.