SOLVED: Yahoo mail & browser problems

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions SOLVED: Yahoo mail & browser problems

  • This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated Sep 3-7:21 pm by malanrich.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #10601
    Member
    Avatarandfree

    This post of mine at Palemoon forum is about a problem of inactive buttons appearing to a yahoo mail account.

    No answer came, so I decided to give a try to Seamonkey. But, when trying to log into the yahoo mail account, it gives this message:

    Yahoo recommends you upgrade your browser to enjoy all the features in the new Yahoo Mail.

    Google Chrome……………………………………………[Upgrade]

    Firefox…………………………………………………[Upgrade]

    Continue using Classic Mail.
    You should plan on upgrading your browser soon………………[Try it later]

    I click on the “Try it later” button but, when the loading-bar is full-filled, nothing at all happens.

    • This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by andfree.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by masinick.
    #10605
    Forum Admin
    rokytnjirokytnji

    It’s Yahoo site screwing with you. Not the browsers. Yahoo mail is proprietary that way. Try using a user agent switcher in Palemoon or Seamonkey.

    Maybe you will get lucky?

    Edit. If me. I’d use a home made user agent string like these guys discuss

    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3028985

    Using a 2018 name of firefox that is out now. ver 60 or so.

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by rokytnji.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by rokytnji.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by rokytnji.

    Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

    #10618
    Member
    Avatarandfree

    Thanks for reply.
    I suppose a user agent string is a solution for the SM log-in problem and not for the PM inactive buttons one.
    I used general.useragent.override and I did copy-paste this line unchanged:

    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0

    It worked. I can use SeaMonkey to log into the mail account. And no problem with inactive buttons as in PaleMoon.
    Thanks again.

    #10623
    Moderator
    masinickmasinick

    I will experiment with browsers and settings. I’ve definitely used many versions of Firefox and Seamonkey with Yahoo Webmail since the nineties when I first created my Yahoo account. I have used POP3 with Thunderbird and Seamonkey (but not very recently) to extract and read my Email and I’ve used other mail user agents (MUA) as well. I simply use browsers these days.

    Flashpeak Slimjet definitely works.

    I will check out the ones in question and let you know.

    Brian Masinick

    #10627
    Moderator
    masinickmasinick

    I ran a few experiments to see what can and cannot readily be done.
    First, I happpened to be on PCLinuxOS and I had both Palemoon and Seamonkey there, so I tried using each of them and I did not have issues creating Email or navigating through existing messages.

    I was able to do the same with Palemoon, Seamonkey, and Firefox in antiX as well. Yahoo was not, however, allowing me to add any additional accounts today regardless of which system or browser I was using. Within my own Email account, everything worked with these browsers though.

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by masinick. Reason: typographical error correction

    Brian Masinick

    #10796
    Moderator
    fatmacfatmac

    I noticed a general slow down in access to all my web mails after the new European policies thing, still seems a bit slower than it used to be, so maybe they have added new code/checks to their sites. (Some other websites that I use also appear to be slower to open too.) (I’m using antiX/Firefox.)

    Linux (& BSD) since 1999

    #12039
    Member
    Avatarandfree

    The yahoo mail problems in Palemoon have been solved for me, after having changed the value of general.useragent.override.yahoo.com this way:

    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_6) AppleWebKit/603.3.8 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.2 Safari/603.3.8

    Thanks for the help.

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by andfree.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by andfree.
    #12052
    Member
    Avatarmalanrich

    Just to confirm. I was having the same Yahoo problem with Seamonkey. This fix worked fine. All is functional.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.