zzzFM file manager at Transifex

Forum Forums antiX-development Translations zzzFM file manager at Transifex

• This topic has 31 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated May 10-10:42 am by PPC.
Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    skidoo
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

If I’ve got it right, “rubberband selection” means selecting several items at the same time by drawing a rectangle with the mouse.

Yes, that’s it.
    In this linked video you can see an example usage:
    https://youtu.be/pV0Ae_Z1lxA?t=1586

translation for “label” – I went for “etiqueta” ; “Handler”

We need to be careful here. In some contexts, “handler” has a special meaning.

“label” is generic. The meaning / purpuse for applying a label varies.

Sometimes a long “formal name” will not comfortably fit within the UI layout.
    In such a case, if we were displaying a picklist of linux distribution names, we might use “Debian” as the label text, instead of the ovely long formal name “Debian GNU/Linux operating system”.

Conversely, sometimes the informally-recognized (slang) short “name” of a thing is presented but, for sake of exactness or clarity, we want to provide a more thoroughly descriptive “label”. Example: For a button with a terse visible name of “Drive”, a descriptive label may be desirable to clarify whether Drive “means” ANY storage device, vs only a non-removable (aka “fixed”, aka “internal”) storage device.

label ~= moniker, or descriptive text

“Handler”
    within the context of file manager UI, this will often (if not usually/always) refer to some external thing|component|program ~~ indicating that an external “thing” is responsible for (manages, governs) performing a specific task.

This “file manager” program may (does) enable you to setup item-specific handling rules related to “device mounting” operations (aka “tasks”), but the program itself does not perform the task of mounting; the mounting operation will be performed by udevil, or by pmount, or by some other “handler”. Handling rules may describe desired mount options (e.g. “noatime,users”) which are passed along to the handler, as well as rules specifying “each time this task is performed, ALSO perform suchandsuch (execute a script, play a sound, popup a notification dialoxbox).”

handler ~= governor, “thing responsible for”, “thing in charge of”

PPC
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

I’m happy to report that the ptpt zzzfm localization is 100% complete (over at https://www.transifex.com/antix-linux-community-contributions/antix-contribs/translate/#pt/zzzfmpot/322414175 )
    It probably has some typos, I’ll try to review all the entries and clean up everything later this week.

P.S.- I can see that the pt-br localization is almost 100% done – This is good news to all current and eventual Portuguese speakers that want to try antiX, and particularly zzzfm in any part of the world!

P.

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.