zzzFM file manager

Forum Forums General Software zzzFM file manager

• This topic has 142 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated Oct 12-2:21 am by marcelocripe.
Viewing 8 posts - 136 through 143 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    afghan

The files I’m renaming are just small regular document files on local drive. There are no network drives connected.

I’ve just tested it again and no more waiting/stalling problem! No idea why, but the only difference between the past few days and today was that yesterday evening I disabled some unused services and disabled logging on other active services in the Runit Service Manager. I did this because I noticed that there was a constant disk write activity every second or so. It’s not much, but I noticed it one of my notebooks which I didn’t want unnecessary disk writes to shorten the life of the SSD. I did the same on my other notebook with a HDD and the problem is also gone. So I guess there was something there that was causing the conflict.

Anyway I’m happy now. zzzFM works and no more unnecessary constant disk writes. Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

Beware of people who knows nothing; they are the ones that won't know that they know nothing.

caprea

That’s the difference , the system here uses SysVinit.Did you already have a look at this thread?
        https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/constant-disk-activity-in-antix21-runit/

afghan

That’s the difference , the system here uses SysVinit.Did you already have a look at this thread?
          https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/constant-disk-activity-in-antix21-runit/

Yes. I did already remove the non-existent services earlier. That stopped the heavy constant disk writes. However there were still some low volume periodic writes going on. I checked iotop and it was mainly kworker (something to do with iwlwifi and events unbound) and jbd2 processes doing some periodic disk writes. Not sure what they were and made a guess that they were probably log writes. I disabled all logging for other services and it seemed to have stopped it. My OCD satisfied :p

Beware of people who knows nothing; they are the ones that won't know that they know nothing.

Robin

Language file update for zzzFM present at gitlab now.

All .mo files for use you’ll find in subfolders of locale folder.
            All new .po files waiting for packaging are present in transifex subfolder of po folder also.

Complete list of languages processed, preceding sharp sign means language no entries. Most languages are machine translated only, but some of them, like fr_BE or pt_BR and others are manualy translated or improved already.

Harvesting date of all zzzFM language files from transifex was 22.Feb.2022.

This needs somebody to update the installer package now.

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

marcelocripe

Thank you very much Robin, for all your hard work, commitment and dedication in producing machine translation in several languages, in harvesting all the languages available in Transifex, converting each of the .po files to .mo and even uploading them to GitLab.
              In the future, when there are more volunteers willing to help with translations, especially languages translated with machine translation, this process of harvesting Transifex and submitting to GitLab will need to be done again.

As we still don’t know how to create .deb packages, we need help from someone who knows how to do it.

– – – – –

Muito obrigado Robin, por todo o seu trabalho, empenho e dedicação na produção da tradução automática de vários idiomas, em colher todos os idiomas disponíveis no Transifex, converter cada um dos arquivos .po para .mo e ainda enviá-los para o GitLab.
              No futuro, quando houver mais pessoas voluntárias dispostas a ajudar com as traduções, em especial os idiomas traduzidos com a tradução automática, este processo de colheita do Transifex e envio para o GitLab precisará ser feito novamente.

Como ainda não sabemos criar os pacotes .deb, nós precisamos da ajuda de alguém que saiba como fazer.

PPC

I have built 64 bits .deb packages from the anti-contribs gitlab source code, but the version there is zzzfm_1.0.7-6~contribs2
                The one currently available in the repository is 1.0.7-8 . I’m not certain if there’s anything (for example, any bug fix missing). I could change the gitlab source code to 1.0.7-8~contribs2, or something similar, but I don’t want to mess with it since I do not really know if the code there is up to date or not…

P.

Edit: since this thread is about zzzfm – it may be useful to divulge that my script to automatically configure zzzfm, adding the usuall bokmarks, plus Recent files, Trash can, toolbar bottons to switch between compact/detailed view, will soon be included in the ft10-transformation package and (probably) even users that don’t activate the FT10 interface will be able to run the script and configure zzzfm

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by PPC.
                Robin

Many thanks, PPC! I’m glad you know how to handle this packaging. I’m still lost in reading the docs about this process.

anti-contribs gitlab source code, but the version there is zzzfm_1.0.7-6~contribs2
                  The one currently available in the repository is 1.0.7-8 .

This is a strange thing, since the source code at antix-contribs on gitlab is automatically mirrored 1:1 from skidoos original source code of zzzfm more than once per day. So it should be most recent, and there shouldn’t be any differences in the version status at all. The main problem is: Since there seems actually to exist a newer version, we can’t know for sure the version number from which the translation file set was prepared: The respective entries in the header of the .pot file are empty, they have not been filled in obviously while creating the resource and uploading it to transifex. So we have to guess now.

I’d propose to build the installers for the most recent zzFM version nevertheless, combined with our translation files. As you’ve written, it is highly possible there are now some bugfixes included, not concerning the strings marked for translation within the program at all, so the language files will probably work on both versions. We’ll have to check simply…

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

marcelocripe

My friend Luck sent me the information that zzzFM is also being used on Hyperbola.

– – – – –

O amigo Luck me enviou a informação que o zzzFM está sendo utilizando também no Hyperbola.

Viewing 8 posts - 136 through 143 (of 143 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.